Allocation of funding for 2016/2017 academic year
In the 2016/2017 academic year, Sharps Copse Primary School was awarded £9,266 of Sports Funding.
Spending of 2016/2017 funding
- The funding will be used to part pay for a specialist PE teacher to continue to provide quality delivery across the school during curriculum time and providing/arranging extra-curricular opportunities.
- Resourcing – some of the PE equipment resourcing is linked to the under developed physical skills highlighted in Year R’s school development plan targets. The current Year 1 need to develop their muscle strength as well as coordination. Some of the money will be used to purchase specific equipment/resourcing necessary for this. E.g. Dough Gym, additional multi skills equipment, gymnastic balance snakes.
- Year 3/4 swimming and Yoga to aid concentration. Cricket coaching with the Chance to Shine Project will continue.
- The funding will also be used to pay for affiliation to the Havant and Waterlooville School Sport Partnership competitions to once again give children a wide range of competitive sporting opportunities.
- Training opportunities for the staff – in-house and off site courses.
- One of the biggest issues is children have no appropriate PE kit and therefore we would like to use some monies to provide access to a spare PE kit so that no child misses out on their PE lessons.
Impact of funding in 2016/2017 To be measured.